What is sedsvc.exe in Windows 10 – Is it a Virus?
What is sedsvc.exe in Windows 10 – Is it a Virus?
Sedsvc.exe is an executable exe document, and it is related to the sedsvc process, which shows up with the Microsoft Windows Operating System Software created by Microsoft programming developer. This executable file enters your PC after a Windows update of Windows 10. This file itself is not a virus or any other harmful material. Rather than, it’s a basic update feature to improve your Windows on your PC. In this article, we will tell you about sedsvc.exe in Windows 10.
It comes with the Windows update KB4023057 by the name Windows Setup Remediations. You can locate this file in the Settings – > Apps – > Apps and Features page.
However, recall the document is not secure, just as the file is an executable document. Generally, these files are utilized to harm Windows.
Sedsvc. is developed by Windows Corporation and is known as an executable file. It is essential for Windows. This file happens in your System after the several updates in your Windows 10.
Microsoft Windows securely introduced this program, and you can locate it in C:\ Program Files\ rempl\ envelope’.
Are you familiar with another file that has the same nature, Sedsvc.exe? Yes, there is another file, sedlauncher.exe. I am not familiar with that, but many users think this file is more hurtful from Sedsvc.exe. However, they work the same, and indeed, they were introduced in the same update.
At the time of Windows 10 launching, the Microsoft Corporation didn’t plan many declarations for the forthcoming updates of this working framework.
A new name KB4023075 was introduced in those updates that will update the working System’s complete components. The core fact of this update is, it will completely transform Windows 10. It includes the GUI, speed, programming, and many more things in the working systems. What’s more, there are many new features were also introduced in this update.
Sedsvc.exe in Windows 10
Firewall programming gives me an alarming message that the following two executables were attempting to access or interface with the Internet:
I quickly obstructed both executables from associating with the Internet. Both sedsvc.exe and sedlauncher.exe files were having an advanced mark of Microsoft Windows.
I go on Task Manager (press Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to get more details about these two files and then found the sedsvc.exe executable running behind the scenes. Task Manager was telling its name as really Windows Remediation Service.
I right-clicked on the EXE file and chose the “Open document location” choice to open the folder carrying this file. Windows opened the following folder in File Explorer:
The REMPL folder includes the following files and folders in my Windows 10 PC:
When Windows opened the REMPL folder, I immediately got the thought. The sedsvc.exe and sedlauncher.exe files are also found with downloading and installing the new things update launched for Windows 10. Furthermore, the REMPL folder of the same nature was utilized by different files called Rempl.exe, Remsh.exe, and WaaSMedic.exe in the past for the same causes.
Then, I found the program by the name “Windows Setup Remediations (x64) KB4023057”. That is on “Settings – > Apps – > Apps and highlights” page really. There was the option to uninstall this procedure. I tried to stop this process but unfortunately uninstall option didn’t work.
What’s more, I got there are two new services, Windows Remediation Service (sedsvc) and Windows Update Medic Service (WaaSMedicSvc), in the Services Manager (services.MSc). The “Windows Remediation Service” was programmed and was running behind the scenes. Then again, “Windows Update Medic Service” was not adjusted automatically and was not running really. The depiction of Windows Remediation Service was telling “Remediates Windows Update features,” and the Description of Windows Update Medic Service presented “Enables remediation and protection of Windows Update parts.”
After some examination, I tracked down the update KB4023057 (and more often than not KB4295110) for Windows 10. So installed these sedsvc.exe and sedlauncher.exe files in the REMPL folder. What’s more, the “Windows Setup Remediations (x64) KB4023057” program on my PC.
Official Description about sedsvc.exe
Official Description of sedsvc.exe says that.
This update contains viable upgrades to Windows Update Service segments in Windows 10, variants 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, and 1803. It might likewise find ways to free up disk space on your device on the off chance that you need more disk space to install Windows updates.
This update comes with the files and resources that will deal with errors, leading to problems in update measures of Windows 10 that might resist important features of new updates from installing in the windows. These upgrades assist with ensuring that updates are installed flawlessly on your System. In addition, they assist with working on the dependability and security of systems running Windows 10.
Details about sedsvc.exe
This update includes more than what we mentioned above. We have more details about the update and which functions it will introduce in windows 10.
- This update may demand your System to remain turn on mode for the completion of installation updates. Kindly note that the installation will regard any client-designed rest setups and your “active hours” at whatever point you utilize your System the most.
- It might excel to modify the network settings if issues are identified. It will likewise clean up library keys that may keep away updates from being installed effectively.
- It might fix incapacitated or corrupted elements of Windows working systems that decide the applicability of updates to your version of Windows 10 too.
- There are chances it will compress the files in your user profile directory to support in free up enough space to install significant updates.
- There is the probability of resetting the Windows Update data set to fix the issues that could keep away updates from installing effectively. In this way, you will notice that your Windows Update history was cleared really.
Further | sedsvc.exe
Microsoft told about the actions of this update that can be practiced to make free disk space on your PC to installed new features:
While features of Windows update are ready to install in your System, you get notification somewhere like on the Windows update settings page or somewhere else that requests to free up disk space by eliminating files or applications that you don’t utilize routinely.
On the off chance that you see this message, select “Fix issues” to free up disk space on your gadget. This update may likewise compress files in your client profile registry for creating the free disk space so Windows Update can install significant updates. Your compressed files will be restored to actual states after the installation of the update will be completed.
Remove Sedsvc.exe Process Permanently
Follow the below procedure for removing the sedsvc.exe process permanently.
Disabling through Task Manager
- To start with, navigate to the taskbar and right-click on the windows icon.
- You need to pick task manager from the choices or simply press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open the undertaking manager straightforwardly.
- Once you land on Task Manager, then, at that point, look till you locate Windows Remediation Service.
- Right-click on the selected file and click on the option of end task
- In the end, restart your PC and afterward let the change produce results.
Turn off using Service | sedsvc.exe
- First, you have to open the dialogue box by entering the windows key + R, or you can, without much of a stretch, go in the beginning and look through the run, and afterward press enter.
- Now, you need to type services.MSC, inside the run dialogue box
- When the pop-up shows the window’s services utility, you have to look down until you locate the Windows Remediation Service program.
- Then, right-click in the wake of discovering the program and pick Properties.
- Now, navigate to the general tab.
- Need to click on the drop-down list next to startup type and afterward select Disabled from the rundown
- Then, at that point, go to the service status segment and click on the option of stopping.
- Click OK and apply the progressions you have made.
- Presently restart the PC and afterward check if the issue is finished or not.
Perform a System restore | sedsvc.exe
Windows 10 thought of a superior arrangement to make the working framework mistake-free. The System Restore alternative allows you to roll out the improvements that apply beforehand with no mistake occurs.
For example, if you are stressed over your file, don’t be because it restores just the framework file and keeps the wide range of various documents free from any danger.
- To start with, click Windows key + S in your console.
- Now, you have to type restore in the search box.
- Then, choose to create a restore point from the outcomes that are appearing on your screen.
- Presently, tap on the restore option.
- Snap next to start
- Here, you have to see all timestamps appearing and pick the perfect timestamp where the issue was not found or was not there.
From that point onward, you need to click next to start the process of System Restore.
With the update of Windows 10, the sedsvc.exe executable file was introduced in the System. However, many users were confused about this file, assuming it was a virus or harmful content for the System. In this post, we explore the sedsvc.exe file deeply. Hopefully, you will like our post, and it will be helpful for you.