How Is Pilates the Most Effective Workout During Lockdown
The best type of workout regime is the one that you can follow religiously while having fun. Pilates is a popular fitness system that focuses on building core strength and increasing flexibility.
Lockdown has hampered our motivation to get fit at home and has completely changed our lifestyle. If you are looking for a highly effective fitness program that can help you reach your fitness goals. Then you probably need a Pilates workout in your life! Following are some benefits of Pilates exercises:
#1. Full body workout
Pilates does not target particular muscle groups but ensures that every muscle is trained during workouts. Pilates is considered as a low-intensity workout regime so it does not require usage of a lot of equipment. It involves balanced muscle-building exercises and poses. A one-hour session of Pilates is an excellent full-body fitness conditioning that can help you to:
- Develop core strength.
- Strengthen and tone muscles without bulk.
- Build a mind-body connection.
- Improve posture, balance and concentration.
#2. Rehabilitation of injuries
Pilates is very well known for reduction and prevention of injuries for better functioning. The Covid-19 pandemic has created a paradigm shift in people’s day-to-day activities. Since the population is now working from home, there has been an increase in physical and psychological concerns amongst people.
People experience pain in their necks and upper backs as a result of sitting in one position in front of a laptop/TV screen all day. Basic Pilates exercises are helpful in such situations because:
- They can help in reducing any kind of spine, neck or joint pains.
- They enhance body awareness and improve posture.
- Controlled movements in Pilates increases alignment and agility of muscles.
- Strengthen the body in a way that it can fight any possible injuries.
- They are also recommended as a good choice for physical therapy by doctors.
#3. Pilates is for everyone
The best part about a Pilates workout is that there is always something new to learn. It is suitable for people from different age groups, abilities and fitness levels. Regardless of whether you are an advanced-level fitness trainer or a beginner, Pilates can always offer great challenges and improvements.
- The exercises get more difficult as you progress.
- Pilates exercises for beginners include hip thrusts, leg circles, leg lifts, snake twists, criss- cross etc. These can be done with additional weights, resistance bands, equipment, foam rollers, Pilates rings to make them more challenging.
- Pilates is also recommended during pregnancy, menstruation and is also suitable for people with joint pains, serious injuries, etc.
#4. Weight Loss and psychological help
During the lockdown, many of us have become inactive and picked up unhealthy eating habits. This has increased the need to join some fitness classes and stay both mentally and physically active.
- Pilates support physical as well as mental well-being.
- Pilates exercises can easily be done anywhere, even at home without minimum or no equipment.
- Pilates can you help in losing weight while building sustainable fitness habits. Pilates exercises combined with a healthy and nutritious diet can show some amazing results on your body.
- With stressful times, Pilates helps in better sleeping habits and may assist in treating anxiety or depression.
Online Pilates classes with Radhika Karle
Are you looking for professional guidance to stay fit in these times? Join the unluclass by celebrity Pilates master trainer and nutritionist Radhika Karle where she helps you perform Pilates exercises with the right technique to meet your fitness goals. Subscribe now!