How To Fix League of Legends Not Opening Issue
League Legends is one of the most popular online games developed by Riot Games for Microsoft Windows and macOS.
Although you can run the game smoothly on Mac OS and Windows 10, there are some examples when users report an error of “League of Legends Not Opening”. The problem is caused by multiple factors on Windows 10 computers. If you are one of those players experiencing the “League of Legends Not Opening” issue, then we are going to solve your problem by suggesting one of the best possible solutions to this error. In this article, we have listed the best solutions you can execute to resolve the issue.
How to Fix the issue of League Of Legends Not Opening Issue:
Before we go into more complicated procedures, first restart your computer to refresh the operating system. It will remove the corrupted files (that can be a cause of the problem) from your PC. Apart from this, there are many other possible reasons behind the issue. We are going to describe some troubleshooting steps to let you solve your problem of “League of Legends Not Opening”.
Launch the Game Manually
If you attempt to access the game by using a shortcut on Desktop and experiencing this issue. This shortcut folder on the Desktop may be the cause of the problem. So, you need to try to access the file by using an executable file located in the installation folder. It will let you know if the shortcut on the desktop is corrupted. If you are able to open the game after doing that, then you should delete the shortcut on the desktop and create another one.
Run the Game as an administrator:
It is observed that some games require admin privilege to run properly. Otherwise, the games cannot run appropriately. If your game is not carrying administrative privilege, then it will not run. So, in order to let this kind of game open, you need to run the game as an administrator.
Follow the steps below to run these games as administrator.
- Go to the “installation folder”.
- Click on “lol.launcher.exe”.
- Choose “Properties”.
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab and select the “Run as an administrator” checkbox.
- Click on “Apply” and then the “Ok” Check if the program is running.
Close other Applications
There are certain applications that affect the performance of “League of Legends”. For example, it has been reported by some users that Stream and Razer influence the launching of “League of Legends” programs. Close the applications by following the steps below.
- Open “Task Manager” by right-clicking on the “Task Bar”.
- Move to the “Startup”
- Select all the applications you want to disable.
- Click on the disable button.
- Restart your PC.
- Run the “lol.launcher.exe”.
Check to see if the problem continues or is resolved.
Repair the Game
The other possible reason may be the presence of a corrupted file. So, in order to let your game run smoothly, you are supposed to initiate a repair. Follow the steps below to solve the issue of “Lead of Legends Not Opening” by using this method.
- Move to the “Installation folder”.
- Run the “lol.launcher.admin”
- Select “Initial Full Repair”.
- Wait a few moments until the launcher verifies the game files.
- Check whether the issue of “League of Legends not Opening” is fixed.
Try to replace the Project Folder
The project folder carries some critically important files that are required to run the game smoothly. If any of these files are corrupted then you would not be able to open the game and will experience the “Leading of Legends Not Opening” issue. If you want to run the game smoothly then you need to replace this folder.
- Move to the game installation folder and open the “RADS”
- From the “RADS” folder, right-click on the “Projects” folder and choose “cut“.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and select “paste“.
- When all the files have been moved successfully, you need to open the game executable.
- The game will download the missing files.
- Move to the “Projects” folder back into the “RADS” folder without closing the download process.
- Select the “Overwrite” option whenever the notification asks you to do that.
- Launch the game executable again after the folder gets moved.
- The downloading process will now have moved to the end.
- The game will be automatically launched after the process of download gets finished.
Check if the problem is resolved.
Update Game Client
There are many examples when a problem of “League of Legends Not Opening” occurs due to the presence of corrupted DLL files. If it is creating the problem, then you need to delete the corrupt files as soon as possible.
- Move to the game installation folder and open the “RADS” folder.
- Open the “Projects” folder inside the “RADS”.
- Delete the “lol_launcher” and “lol_patcher”
- Go back to the installation folder of the game.
- Delete all the “aps_ms_win….dll” Only delete the “aps_ms_win….dll” files.
- Double click on the “lol_launcher” located inside the main game directory.
- It will take more time to launch than it usually does and will begin to download an update to the client.
- Wait until the process is finished.
Check if the problem is fixed.
Reinstall your Graphic Designers
It has also been reported that problems occur due to certain issues with your Graphic Cards. Graphics cards are very pivotal for gaming sessions. So, if you are experiencing an issue with your Graphic card drivers, possibly you could not launch “League of Legends”. To solve this problem, it is highly recommended to remove graphic card drivers. You can use the default divers instead.
Once you remove your drivers, restart your PC and Windows 10 is supposed to install the default drivers. As you install the default drivers, check if the problem still persists.
Apart from using default drivers, you are also recommended to install an older version of graphic drivers so that you may try it as well.
Reinstall the Game
If none of the solutions described above solve the problem of “League Of Legends”, then you are recommended to reinstall the game.
If you are not aware of the procedure to uninstall the game, you can uninstall it by using uninstaller software. This software can remove any unwanted application from your PC.
Apart from removing the particular program, it will also remove all the files associated with that program. It will be like you never installed the game on your PC.
We have discussed the best possible solutions to let you enjoy the game smoothly. Hope you have found the article useful. If you have any queries or questions then do not forget to ask those questions. Last but not the least, give us your honest feedback so we may serve in the best possible way.