Jorge Garcia, who is best known for his role as Hurley in hit TV series Lost, has recently managed to lose around 100lbs (45kg) within a few months. This is possible only because of Jorge’s relentless work-out routine and healthy diet.
It’s been a long road for Jorge Garcia: he was once the heaviest man in America, weighing in at an astonishing 468 pounds. Today, thanks to his diet and exercise plan and a lot of sweat, he weighs around 136 kg (300 lbs).
It’s reported that he lost weight by adopting a Nooch diet, which is heavy on vegetables, spinach, and protein.
Jorge Garcia has managed to gain popularity through his roles in “Lost” and “Hawaii Five-0.” Fans have been obsessed with Garcia’s weight loss story after they saw him in 2019.
Jorge Garcia, who played Officer Jerry Ortega on the rebooted version of “Hawaii Five-0”, has not been seen much in the spotlight since his show ended. When he was spotted in 2019, Garcia looked slimmer than ever before.
Who is Jorge Garcia?
Jorge Garcia started his career in the entertainment industry as a stand-up comedian, following his appearances on television shows like Becker and Lost.
Jorge Garcia is known for his role on Lost and for being in the public eye for over a decade. Playing an intellectual with a warrior’s physique, Jorge has been voted one of America’s most adorable leading men.
He is the man of many talents, who has spent his career working in film, television and theater. He was born on April 28, 1973.
Though he was born in the United States, his family has roots in Chile. His father, Humberto Garcia, is a Chilean-born doctor, and his mother, Dora Mesa, is a professor.
Even as a child, Jorge Garcia felt uncomfortable, being overweight.
How Much Weight Did he Lose?
Although Jorge Garcia did eventually lose his initial 30 pounds during the filming of “Lost,” he quickly gained them back and started to eat unhealthy food again.
Even after shedding some pounds, Jorge Garcia still appeared to be overweight.
Fortunately, his healthy lifestyle and hard workout routine made that challenge much easier to overcome.
So, how much weight did Jorge Garcia lose?
For anyone, losing weight can be a real challenge. Jorge Garcia is one person who is overweight and seems to have had a hard time trying to lose weight. He has tried numerous times in the past but it just seemed like all his efforts were in vain. His initial weight was 400 pounds and he decided to do something about it by going on a healthy lifestyle.
Jorge Garcia was once a 400 pound man who tipped the scales at 400 pounds. But much can change in a year as he managed to lose over 100 pounds.
Jorge Garcia is known to be an obese person, but this fact was turned around by a new diet that he joined. His fans thought it was the Atkins Diet or another other diet when they saw him without any fat at all. But it wasn’t anything like that.
It is a new diet called Nooch or Deactivated Yeast, so powerful that Garcia lost 100 pounds in just a few months. The credit of his weight loss, however, does not all go to the Nooch diet but also his exercise and healthy lifestyle.
In fact, Jorge Garcia is following a strict Paleo diet which includes vegetables, nuts, and lean protein. Apart from that, he stopped taking alcohol and got plenty of sleep. These are some of the secrets behind his transformation.
Jorge Garcia’s Weight Loss Diet
Jorge Garcia has worked hard to transform his body and improve his physical health. With the help of a personal trainer, he started to adopt healthy lifestyle habits and exercise routines. Jorge’s dedication and hard work have paid off: he has weight loss goals that have allowed him to transform his entire body. He is an inspiration for many people who want to change.
First and foremost, Jorge Garcia’s weight loss diet plan revolves around eating healthy. The actor has dropped a significant amount of weight, but it looks like he hasn’t lost his sense of humor about his appearance. He has gained quite a bit of media attention for his new look, and people want to know what exactly he is doing to drop the pounds.
The actor was spotted out with an entourage recently. It was a big change from previous sightings when he appeared gaunt. At this most recent sighting, he looked much more comfortable with himself. His workout routine has definitely paid off for him.
Jorge Garcia’s weight loss diet is one of the most talked about diets used by celebrities.
Here are the details of Jorge Garcia’s diet plan to lose weight:
- Drink at least 8 and 10 glasses of water every day: It is recommended to drink at least 8 glasses of water daily if you want to stay healthy and trim down your body.
- It will help you flush out all the toxins from your body and help you maintain a slim physique.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol can be highly addictive and will immediately make you pack on pounds if you consume it frequently.
- Avoid ingredients like butter, bread, cheese, potatoes, beef, and soda: These are all calorie-dense food items that are not good for your health or your waistline.
- Count your calories: In order to lose weight effectively, count your calories meticulously so that you can monitor how many calories you consume each day.
Jorge Garcia’s Weight Loss 2020 Diet Plan for the week
- 1st day – Eat Fruits only
- 2nd Day- Eat Vegetables only
- 3rd Day – Vegetables and fruits
- 4th Day – 4 glasses of milk and 8 banana
- 5th Day – Brown rice, 6 large tomatoes, and chicken breast
- 6th Day – Fish/Chicken breast, brown rice, and vegetable
- 7th Day – Vegetables, fruits, juices, and brown rice
Jorge Garcia’s Weight Loss Diet Plan:
- Jorge Garcia’s breakfast includes milk, whole grain cereal, fruits and vegetables.
- For lunch he has brown rice, chicken breast, fish or meat and green vegetables.
- For dinner he has chicken breast, fish or meat, brown rice and vegetables or fruits such as grapes or apples.*
- He drinks 2 glasses of water before each meal or 1 glass of water with 1 glass of iced tea before each meal to avoid dehydration during the day.*
- To maintain his energy level he avoids taking sugar loaded juices or fruit juices.*
- He also avoids high calorie snacks like candy bars which are rich in sugar content.*
- After every three months he starts over with his weight loss diet plan to keep his weight under control.*
- He prefers to drink 100% natural juice over processed juices because they are more nutritious than processed juices.
Weight Loss Tips from Jorge Garcia
Who better to give you some valuable advice on how to lose weight than Jorge Garcia? He’s been through his own journey of gaining and losing weight and can help you with his tips.
- Regular exercises- Try to go for a walk or jog for at least half an hour every day.
- Ignore Fast Foods: Fast foods are high in energy and low in nutritional value. So avoid fast food joints and eat healthy home cooked foods instead.
- Cycling: Cycling is a great aerobic exercise. It also helps you shed unwanted calories and lose weight quickly.
- Try Homemade Foods: Avoid eating out as much as possible and cook your own meals. This will help you save money and lose weight at the same time.
Jorge Garcia Recommended weight loss’ workout
The human body is a collection of joints, muscles and tissues that, if managed correctly and with care, will last you a lifetime.
Trouble starts when you abuse your body by putting it through activities it’s not ready for or performing exercises that don’t do much to help you achieve your fitness goals. This is why it’s important to know how to keep your body in good shape — and how to get it back in shape again if it isn’t.
The Jorge Garcia recommended exercises are targeted to improve your overall body strength and stamina while at the same time preventing injuries from happening.
Here are some of the recommended exercises that you should also apply in your daily routine:
- Arms circles — stretching and strengthening your upper arms and shoulders
- Wrist rotations — strengthen the muscles in your wrists, forearms and hands
- Shoulder rotations — tones your shoulder muscles
- Neck rotations — improves blood flow to the brain and reduces stress
- Running or Jogging— increases cardiovascular endurance
- Stair running — strengthens ankles and leg muscles
- Sit ups — strengthens abdominal muscles
- Air cycling — tones triceps, biceps and chest muscles
- Push ups — tones chest, shoulder, arm and back muscles
How much weight has Jorge Garcia lost and what does jorge garcia look like now?
Jorge Garcia has lost more than 100 pounds. He now looks slim compared to his previous self.
Jorge Garcia showed himself that he has the ability to fight obesity and live healthy than before even if he is just a simple employee in the craft department. He can be a role model to many people who are still struggling to lose weight.
When it comes to health, weight loss is not easy. Small successes, like walking more each week or making one healthy swap at a time can add up over time.
Jorge’s amazing weight loss proves that change happens when you commit to a plan and never give up. So if you have difficulty losing weight, just remember that the journey to achieving your goals is the best part of achieving them.