How to Renew an Indian Passport in Dubai
We’ve already posted an editorial describing guidance to renew Filipinos passports. Now in this article, we will discuss how Indians while residing in the emirate can renew their passports.
Indian passport validity is of 10 years for adults and 5 years for minors (i.e. below 18 years old). This article will describe adult passport renewal requirements.
Guide to Renewing Your Indian Passport in Dubai
In order to renew your Indian passport, an application shall be course through BLS International, a passport services agency which has offices across the UAE. The sole authority to accept or reject the application is in the hand of Consulate General of India.
The following documents shall be prepared before visiting BLS International Service Centre.
- Application Form
- Personal Particulars Form (triplicate)
- Photos 6 (six) (51mm x 51mm, w/ white background with dark dress)
- Current Passport w/ clear photocopy (including first, last, address page, valid UAE visa page, and other endorsement pages)
- Photo ID card copy w/ expiry details (e.g. Driver’s License, Emirates ID Card, Labour Card, Health Card)
In certain scenarios, the following additional requirements may be needed:
- Attested Offer Letter by Chamber of Commerce where company is registered OR valid Employment Paper Visa (original and photocopy), Photo Testified Letter from company, and valid Trade License copy (for new employees)
- Attested Sworn Affidavit by Consular Office (of appearance change, e.g. wearing a turban to not wearing a turban)
- Request Letter addressed to Consulate General of India (for change of signature)
- Request Letter eelaborating reasons for late renewal (for passports expired more than 6 months to 1 year)
- Request Letter w/ explanation, Prior Approval from Consulate General of India, and Instruction Note from BLS International (for passports expired more than 1 year)
- Sponsorship Photo Testified Letter from company and valid Trade License copy (for expired passports of employees)
- Sponsor’s Photo Testified Letter and passport copy w/ valid UAE Visa Page (for expired photos of dependents)
- NOC and Sponsor’s Passport copy (for female applicants w/ “housewife” status whose sponsor’s name is not the same as husband’s name in passport)
NOTE: Once all requirements are gathered, be sure that you submit your application to a BLS International Service Centre in person. In the presence of a submission officer, you will have to affix your signature.
Following is the passport processing fees:
- Adults (36-page booklet) — AED 285
- Adults (60-page booklet) — AED 380
- Tatkal Service (36-page booklet) — AED 855
- Tatkal Service (60-page booklet) — AED 950
- Service Charge — AED 9
- Indian Community Welfare Fund — AED 8
The estimated period for processing your passport is:
- Dubai Issued is at least 5 working days
- Other Passport Issuing Authority is at least 5 working days
- Tatkal Service is at least 2 working days
BLS International Service Centre Timings
BLS International Service Centres office timings are from Saturday to Thursday, 8am to 8pm. Also, please note that tokens shall be issued only from 8am to 12 noon (morning), and from 1pm to 6:30pm (afternoon).
Location & Contact Information
Following is the address and contact details of the BLS International Service Centres in Dubai:
Dubai (Premium Lounge)
Address: Unit 507, Habib Bank AG Zurich Al Jawarah Building, Bank Street, Bur Dubai (beside ADCB Bank)
Tel Nos.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Email Address: email@example.com
Address: Unit No. 105, Al Khaleej Centre (opposite Al Ain Centre), Mankhool Road, Bur Dubai (Visa Section)
Tel. No.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Address: Unit No. 118 -119, Mezzanine Floor, Al Khaleej Centre (opposite Al Ain Centre), Mankhool Road, Bur Dubai (Passport Section)
Telephone No.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
Address: Shop No. 13, Ground Floor, Zeenah Building (same building as Budget Rent-a-Car, across from Deira City Centre P3 Parking), Deira, Dubai
Tel. No.: 04 387 5777 / 04 2555530
DISCLAIMER: The knowledge shared above is for guidance purposes only. Please visit the BLS International official website for further information.