How to Block Subreddits: User Guide
How to Block Subreddits: User Guide
With almost 300 and thirty million dynamic Reddit clients and approximately one hundred 38 thousand dynamic Subreddit people group, you may track down that some content isn’t your style. For this situation, you might need to block a subreddit from appearing on your feed.
How was Reddit being used?
In the initial stages of Reddit, means before Reddit got an all-out makeover, users can channel their feeds pretty without any problem. They could block specific subreddits easily from the options available on the r/all page. You need to get a troublesome subreddit off your feed was input its name into the search box named channel subreddit, tap the + symbol – and you’d be finished.
People behind Reddit decide to bring changes and improvement to this. After 12 months of struggle, development, and successful testing, they launched an updated Reddit site, which owes some changes. It was the primary major visual to keep up the site in over ten years. With the most recent design came the smooth designs and some different changes. The r/all page lost the filter subreddit search box, not a piece of cake for users.
Latest Status of Reddit:
Redesigned Reddit includes several changes like in writing. The user will see a new experience in the default view of Reddit. However, if you want to stick with the old Reddit, you can do it by visiting www.old.reddit.com.
Before the redesign of the site old one was the source to access it, including the filter subreddit search box on the r/all page. You can likewise test it and type the name of a subreddit you might want to oust from your feed. It will vanish from your old Reddit feed. In any case, the subreddit you block on the old site can’t be blocked on the upgraded one.
Along these lines, it may appear to be that the users of the new Reddit site are left frustrated against the subreddits they don’t need in their feeds. But, you don’t need to put yourself down; in this post, we will tell you how you can block unwanted stuff from your feed.
How to Block Subreddit?
Redesigned subreddit removes the feature of blocking unwanted content on the feed, which general users highly criticize. It is valid for the desktop version of the site and the local portable applications.
Most Reddit users do not prefer to utilize third applications and extensions. For whom Reddit offers the Premium version. The premium version of the site or application, contingent upon the platform you’re utilizing, will empower you to block subreddits from the r/all feed.
Here is the Method to switch Premium Reddit:
- To move up to Premium membership;
- First of all, you have to click on the little downward confronting triangle close to your avatar.
- Secondly, click on the User Settings option.
- Then, click on the Reddit Premium tab, and now you have to click on the Get Premium link.
- In the next phase, snap on the Get Reddit Premium catch on the following page and pick your payment method.
- When you have done the update, go to the r/all page and start discouraging the block hammer. The process is remarkable, the same as on the old form of Reddit.
Native Mobile Apps:
When you block specific subreddits, smartphone users will be unlucky, actually like their desktop/PC confidants. The reason is that Reddit doesn’t offer any choice to avail the block hammer on either the Android or iOS version of the Reddit application.
To redesign through a smartphone, you have to install the Reddit application. When installed, dispatch the application from the Home screen of your gadget. Snap-on your icon and snap on the Reddit Premium tab. At that point, click on the Get Premium fasten and adhere to the guidelines.
Aside from the capacity to block subreddits, the Premium enrollment will empower you to buy Reddit Gold. Finally, Reddit will quit showing you advertisements.
In some cases, users usually keep interested in reclaiming their r/all feed, and they don’t have any issue paying Reddit. For them, many extensions will work in such a scenario. We like the Reddit Enhancement Suite. The application is accessible for Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and Safari.
In this article, we take chrome browser for the guidelines. You have to download and install the extension. Presently, we will see how to block unwanted subreddits from your r’all feed.
- Right off the bat, open your program.
- Secondly, go on https://www.reddit.com.
- Click on the RES extension option. A drop-down menu will show up.
- Then, click on options relying upon the version. You may see a cog icon. Click on it.
- In the next pop-up, Reddit Enhancement Suite’s page will open up. You need to click on the filterReddit tab in the menu on the left side.
- Flip the (filterReddit) option on.
- Then, look down to the Subreddits area.
- Check the +add button option in the lower-left corner of the box.
- At that point, enter the subreddit; you’d prefer to see no more.
- If you are interested in blocking other subreddits, repeat stages 8 and 9.
- When you finished, look up and tap on the Save choices option.
Stand with the Ground:
In the updated Reddit version, they choose to offer a feature of reclaiming the r/all feed. Still, users who are not willing to take anything that’s served on the feed can, in any case, reclaim their autonomy from Reddit’s algorithm. Accessible alternatives incorporate paying for the Premium participation and installing outsider applications.
In the old version of Reddit, users could block unwanted content from the feed. Still, in the updated version, they remove the option of blocking any content which general users highly criticize. In this post, we shared some methods. By following them still, you can block unwanted content.