Strikethrough Text in Gmail: How to?
Strikethrough Text in Gmail: How to?
When you’re sending an email, the formatting of your text is an essential part of getting your message across. You can use bold, italics, and underlining to emphasize certain points, and you can also change the text’s color or font. But one of the most useful formatting tools available in Gmail is the ability to strikethrough text.
This feature allows you to cross out text so that it stands out from the rest of your email. It’s a great way to emphasize a point or call attention to something important. And it can be especially helpful when you’re trying to get someone’s attention in a hurry.
To get strikethrough text into Gmail, simply format your text in Docs and copy and paste it into Gmail. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Step 1: First, You need to open Google Drive.
- Step 2: Now you need create new document and type your text into it.
- Step 3: Now choose the text you wish to Strike through.
- Step 4: Also select “Format” and “Strikethrough.“
- Step 5: Now you need copy the tex.
- Step6: Open Gmail Account and Tap “Compose.”
- Step 7: Paste all text.
This entire process is a little difficult, but it gets the job done. However, if you have configured Gmail to send in Plain Text only, the formatting will vanish. To re-enable Rich Text emails, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Firstly, Open Gmail Account and Tap “Compose.”
- Step 2: Tap the three vertical dots in the bottom right corner of the blank email.
- Step 3: Also, check if there is a checkmark next to “Plain Text Mode,” tap it.
Try again and the strikethrough should be the same. You have a number of other formatting choices within Gmail.
How to BOLD TEXT IN GMAIL
It makes it stand out because of the bold text. Whether you want to draw attention to it, emphasize it or make it quite easy to find, bold text is an efficient way to quickly get your meaning across.
- Step 1: Open Gmail Account and Select “Compose.”
- Step 2: Select the underlined “A” next to “Send” in the latest email window to access text options.
- Step 3: Select the text you want to embolden, then choose the “B” in the window.
By highlighting it and hitting it, you can bold the text. Ctrl + B (Cmd + B for Mac).
HIGHLIGHT TEXT IN GMAIL
Highlighting is rarely used in email outside of an office environment, but it is possible if you want to do so.
- Step 1: First, You need open Gmail Account select “Compose.”
- Step 2: Select the text you want to highlight within the compose window.
- Step 3: The compose window has text options, and you can access them by selecting the highlighted “A” next to “Send”.
- Step 4: Pick another “A” in the popup bar to see the color options.
- Step 5: The left part of the pane has a background color that you can choose.
Note: Also, just remember the left color palette changes the background color, while the right side changes the text color.
Rarely the junk email makes it past Gmail’s filter. I subscribed to an email and no longer want to receive it. I quickly found the unsubscribe key words and within minutes, I was no longer receiving unwanted emails.
- Step 1: First, You need to Open email within Gmail Account.
- Step 2: Select the gray color “Unsubscribe” link next to the sender’s option name at the top.
- Step 3: When you unsubscribe from a mailing list, the process can often be long and drawn out. You have to search through your email for the confirmation message, open it, and then find the unsubscribe link. Gmail has a new feature that will make the process much faster.
When a marketing email pops up in your inbox, tap “unsubscribe” and Gmail will automatically unsubscribe on your behalf. This is a great way to quickly remove yourself from mailing lists that you no longer want to receive messages from.
USE KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS
Gmail is one of the best email services because it enables users to manage their inboxes in an effective way. Gmail also keeps launching changes that help users do more with their emails. One good example is the use of keyboard shortcuts.
- Step 1: First, need open Gmail and Select the setting cog icon on the right.
- Step 2: After choose “Settings,” and scroll down to “Keyboard shortcuts.”
- Step 3: Also, toggle the setting to “Keyboard shortcuts on.”
All done, that’s right! It’s now possible to go anywhere within Gmail using just your keyboard. It will take you to your inbox with the most essential shortcut being “g” instead of “I”. There are two people who will browse up and down between emails.
Here’s all about strikethrough text in Gmail. Have you ever try this? For further queries and questions let us know in the comments section below!