Artificial intelligence (AI) is an innovative IT technology
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an innovative IT technology that can be used to create complex computer programs that mimic human thinking.
In structure, each such program resembles a human brain – its different elements perform the same functions as the neurons of the nervous system:
- analyze huge volumes of disparate information (text, images, video, audio);
- find patterns and relationships in data sets;
- make conclusions, make decisions;
- apply the results obtained, exclude previous errors in subsequent operations.
The bottom line is that with the help of programming languages and mathematical calculations, you can create a program that repeats thought processes: synthesis, generalization, abstraction, comparison, etc. Moreover, it not only processes information, but also takes into account past experience, that is, learns. it can be said to act intelligently.
Artificial intelligence is needed to:
- Develop analytical systems that can independently make accurate predictions and test hypotheses.
- Make bots–assistants capable of solving everyday mental tasks instead of people (Smart Home technology).
- Automate workflows that require a lot of time and human resources.
- AI is used in various fields: sales, finances, manufacturing, mining, science, etc. For example, artificial intelligence is used to search for fraudulent schemes among a huge stream of banking transactions.
What an AI specialist does
The specific responsibilities of a specialist in the field of artificial intelligence depend on the field in which he works: trade, medicine, information technology, etc. If you want to move in a modern direction of development – contact ai development company – Unicsoft.
Let’s list the main tasks of an AI developer:
- Processing and analysis of Big Data.
- Conducting research in the area for which neural network is created.
- Preparation of a prototype, design of a system architecture based on artificial intelligence.
- Writing and refactoring program code.
- Quality assessment and testing of the AI model, control over its work, search and elimination of errors.
- Creation of analytical, recommendation and forecasting systems, chat bots and intelligent applications.
- Development of algorithms for machine translation, computer vision, signal processing and natural language.
- Analytics of robotic processes.
What you need to know to become an AI expert
To become a specialist in artificial intelligence, you need to know at an in-depth level different sections of mathematics: probability theory, statistics, mathematical analysis, and linear algebra.
And also an AI developer must have the following knowledge and skills:
- Popular Python frameworks for Data Science – Numpy, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Matpotlib.
- Tools for the development and training of neural networks – Keras, Tensolflow, PyTorch.
- Databases and query language SQL.
- Algorithms for constructing recommender systems.
- Machine learning techniques, computer vision technologies, or natural language processing (NLP).
- Data visualization software such as Tableau or Power Bi.
Place of work and demand for specialists
The AI specialist is the profession of the future, as the technology has many uses.
Let’s list the industries in which AI developers are most in demand:
- Banks, financial, brokerage companies, hedge funds – for scoring systems, developing individual offers, assessing risks, tracking suspicious transactions, etc.
- Medicine, healthcare – to control the growth of morbidity, test new drugs, clarify diagnoses, scientific research, etc.
- Retail, online sales, services for ordering goods or services and other areas related to the analytics of big data of Internet users.
- Transport, logistics, warehouse organizations, taxi services – for forecasting demand and loading, building optimal routes, etc.
- Information technology, telecom, development of computer games, programs for augmented and virtual reality, as well as robotics.
- Industrial and manufacturing enterprises, mining.